the diary of my pursuit of motherhood-ness

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Wrestling with control

Although it makes sense to quit the drugs, why artificially make your body do something if you can do it a healthy way, that should be done with or without drugs anyway, but it feels a little less in control this way. I know, am I a control freak much? I know I'm in control of losing weight, but I'm not in control of whether that will work. Of course, I'm not really in control of whether the pills will work. The doctor gave me a prescription for actual fertility drugs in case the losing weight doesn't work, but those are the kind that create twins, or more! That's even more artificiality I'm not sure I'm ready for or wanting. But it's that 'control' issue. I liked feeling like I had a course of action.
Hubby however likes not being in control. He is of the opinion he would be braver about being a father if God was to give us a child naturally, like a vote of confidence from God. So because I love him more than I love the chance at motherhood, I oblige and I am not going to try and get my way, or give him any reason to regret or resent how I handled this issue at this moment. And I really love his respect for the responsibility it is to be a parent, and it's all about his honest desire to give children the best life possible (not necessarily financially, but in raising them right) that is driving him to want it this way. How can I begrudge that?

No comments:

Post a Comment