the diary of my pursuit of motherhood-ness

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Sharing

I've realized that although I am not alone in this, because hubby is here for me, it's just not the same not having a woman to share things with, to bounce thoughts and worries off of that probably only us women fret about.
I spilled the beans. First to a close co-worker who I knew would be discreet, and understanding since she had two grown children of her own. I had to tell! Work got even more stressful on Tuesday and escalated through the week, I was bursting with emotions and I needed an outlet. What a release, and it eased my mind a lot. I was finally able to let go of the desire to rehash the possibilities and move forward.
I also had lunch with my sister, a surprise visit from her between classes, and I found out that she and her husband had been trying to get pregnant since the July prior to us starting to try, and they had also been keeping it a secret! It was wonderful to find someone, especially my own sister, who was in the same boat as us! Everything I mentioned she had also felt and feared and fretted over. She had an even more unstable cycle than me, waiting months between instead of mere days. It was a reminder that I wasn't in the worst position possible, but also it was a great encouragement that I now had someone to go through this unique journey with.
Up until that moment I had only known 2 female friends who hadn't been able to get pregnant, neither of which I had a close relationship with anymore. I had been beginning to feel like there is a very real possibility this could get even more difficult, that I may not get the 'normal' experience most women I know did, that I would have a very isolated experience. It became of great comfort to share it with my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment