the diary of my pursuit of motherhood-ness

Monday, September 18, 2006

The only thing constant is change

Well, I was fired today. Technically 'laid off' due to performance, which if I wanted to prove as bull I could, but the admission of guilt on their part in the form of a very nice severance package is keeping me at bay. It's so nice in fact that I probably couldn't get any more if I sued for wrongful dismissal anyway.
And it's a relief to be out of that stressful job. It has been way too much of a stress for just over a year now, I am the fourth out of our great group of five to leave under bad circumstances, and as much as I wanted to leave that place through the benefit of maternity leave, it is just not worth it. Although, I feel like I've wasted the last year of my life, keeping this stinking but well paying job, holding out so that I could get great pregnancy benefits and now I don't even get that. At least I got that extra time with my great co-workers (not great bosses, let me clarify).
And now the wonderful 'life evaluating' period, trying to figure out a new job while balancing paying the bills, potentially close pregnancy, or potentially never going to get pregnant. Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment