the diary of my pursuit of motherhood-ness

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pros and Cons

When you are TTC it's easy to ignore the 'cons' of having children, you are so focused on all that you want about parenthood and you bury the doubts and worries. The desire for love is built so strong in us, to be able to love and be loved unconditionally is a blinding passion that helps most people forget the 'cons'.

When you are STTC it's the opposite, you spend more time thinking, 'at least I don't have to worry about that' now, and you try not to think about all the 'pros' you are missing out on.  After all, there is a LOT that can go wrong, and I think anyone who cares about children can come up with a long list of reasons they add to our worries, without even including the shallow and selfish ones. But to help me STTC, I even dwell on the shallow and selfish ones. Most days.  Until I look into this face.....and all the cons go away.

(my adorable nephew)

No comments:

Post a Comment