the diary of my pursuit of motherhood-ness

Monday, June 6, 2011

I had a dream

I had a dream the other night.

I haven't had a baby related dream in quite awhile.

It didn't start off that way at all. I dreamt I went to my tattoo artist to get an update on the design she is working on for me currently. When I got there she said her appointment didn't show and she had time to start tattooing me, even if we couldn't finish, she could start it. So I sat down in the chair, didn't even look at the finished design, trusting it to be the one we had discussed in March. We sat there talking as she worked for an hour and as we both realized we had to end the session she brought over a mirror for me to see the finished product. This is what I saw on my arm.

It was a hand drawn sketch, that looked like it had been done in blue, purple and red pencils, of Sean and I facing each other, holding each other's hands and leaning in towards each other for a kiss. But in the gap between us, in the background, was an angel like figure holding a baby.

That is not the design I currently have her working on. What this means I have no idea. But I find it hopeful.

I would really like to try and sketch this now....

No comments:

Post a Comment