the diary of my pursuit of motherhood-ness

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Timing

Reading the beginning of Luke, where Elizabeth is kept barren until she is very old but then is miraculously made pregnant just before Mary, her much younger cousin, also miraculously becomes pregnant, I saw how God kept Elizabeth waiting to become with child for a reason. How Mary must have needed the company of someone going through the same thing, not exactly the same thing but the child Elizabeth was carrying was also a very special child, a child prophesized to change the course of human kind. There were likely not that many understanding people at that point in Mary's life, being a very young, unwed, mother to be, but Elizabeth was in a unique position to support Mary by being pregnant at this time and only this time in history.

It brought to mind the possibility that God was prolonging my own pregnancy for a similar reason. I still wasn't getting a 'no' to my question of 'will I?' One particular person came to mind as I thought this.  I couldn't think of a reason God would want us to be pregnant at the same time, but as a friend pointed out, maybe these thoughts were coming to me for a reason. One never knows.

Well, that particular person I thought of during that moment, I just found out she's pregnant. She found out she was pregnant on the day I found out I was not, after being 5 days late. I haven't been 5 days late in a long time. I guess it doesn't rule out the possibility but the timing of it all doesn't bode well. But who am I to question God's timing. I am still just as ignorant as before, but also still just as hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment