the diary of my pursuit of motherhood-ness

Monday, October 10, 2005

Planned Parenthood

Just because you have a dream doesn't always mean you have to pursue it immediately. You have to be smart about it, timing is very important. Especially with something as important as bringing children into this world.
Of course, I had to wait until I found the perfect husband and potential father of my children to be. That of course took some time, a little longer than I might have planned it if I was the one in charge of meeting my wonderful hubby. And I didn't anticipate that my man would be a few years younger than me, and so therefore not exactly in the same place as me as far as parenthood plans. So of course, the plan to acheive the dream gets slightly adjusted here and there but slowly I was getting there, I had my eye on the prize.
Somewhere along the way we started making plans a little more official, we agreed to wait until I was 30 and he was 27, not too old and not too young to start a family. Of course, as the saying goes, the best laid plans.....

No comments:

Post a Comment